My name is Bob Jones. That is what I invite people to call me. I have been called other names; like Bobby, Little Bob, Robert, Darlin' and Hey You! My parents could have named me almost anything but whatever name they may have put first they were sure to put Jones last. My dad was a Jones and his dad was a Jones and so on and so on, right back to who knows when. If we could look through a telescope that peered into the past we would see a long line of Joneses stretching over the horizon and clear out of sight. Even if I were to change my name to something else there still would be all those Joneses in my past. There is no escaping it. So, I guess I am a Jones through and through.
I am writing this blog for all the descendants who will come after me; my children and their children and their children. I will never know many of them and they may never know me. But, I will be there, standing behind them in that line of Joneses that stretches on forever. Even if their last names are something different like Smith or O'Brien or Obama, still they will have me back there in their past. Whatever their names may be they will have a little bit of Jones on the inside.
I will write here about the people in our past; at least the ones I know about. And I will write not only about the Jones people but also about some of the others, like the Swensons who were my mother's parents. Because they are a part of the Jones that I am, so they also are part of the Joneses that will follow me, and you.
I hope you enjoy learning something about the people in your past. We have many good people in common and maybe even a few bad ones. Some are interesting. Some are REAL interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment